LEESBURG, VA. – The American Wood Council today announced the election of Boise Cascade CEO Tom Corrick as the new AWC chairman for a one-year term.
Andrew Miller, CEO of Stimson Lumber, was elected the first vice-chairman and Allyn Ford, president and CEO of Roseburg Forest Products, was elected as second vice-chairman. Sierra Pacific President George Emmerson will serve as the immediate past chairman.
Two new members were confirmed to the AWC board: Neil Sherman, senior vice president of engineered wood products at LP Corporation, and Eric Cremers, president and chief operating officer of Potlatch Corporation.
“Through George’s leadership this last year, AWC provided strong support to an increasingly regulated industry, but still managed to gain increased recognition for the carbon benefits of wood products and advance the opportunities for wood buildings,” said AWC President & CEO Robert Glowinski. “As we move into 2016, Tom Corrick has been an active and engaged board member and I look forward to working with him as AWC’s board chair over the coming year.”
The full AWC board of directors includes:
- Chairman Tom Corrick, Boise Cascade;
- First Vice-Chairman Andrew Miller, Stimson Lumber;
- Second Vice-Chairman Allyn Ford, Roseburg Forest Products;
- Immediate Past Chairman George Emmerson, Sierra Pacific;
- and, Aubra Anthony, Anthony Forest Products; Fritz Mason, Georgia Pacific; Marc Brinkmeyer, Idaho Forest Group; Mike Dawson, Norbord, Inc.; Michael Giroux, Canadian Wood Council; Neil Sherman, LP Corporation; Eric Cremers, Potlatch Corporation; Joe Patton, Westervelt; Jim Rabe, Masonite; Adrian Blocker, Weyerhaeuser Company; and Danny White, T.R. Miller Mill Company.