LEESBURG, VA. – The American Wood Council today announced the election of Sierra Pacific President George Emmerson as the new AWC chairman for a one-year term.
Tom Corrick, executive vice president of Boise Cascade Wood Products, was elected the First Vice-Chairman and Andrew Miller, CEO of Stimson Lumber, was elected as the Second Vice-Chairman. Fritz Mason, vice president and general manager of lumber for Georgia-Pacific, will serve as the immediate past chairman.
President and CEO of Anthony Forest Products Aubra Anthony was re-elected to serve another two-year term.
Roseburg Forest Products President and CEO Allyn Ford was confirmed as a new member of the AWC board.
"Fritz has been a tireless leader for the last two years. His commitment to the organization has been unsurpassed and he's been the central force in implementing AWC's talent management plan, which has improved our overall operational performance," said AWC President & CEO Robert Glowinski. "Moving to next year, I look forward to working with George as AWC continues to grow to serve wood products manufacturers."
The full AWC board of directors includes:
- Chairman George Emmerson, Sierra Pacific;
- First Vice-Chairman Tom Corrick, Boise Cascade;
- Second Vice-Chairman Andrew Miller, Stimson Lumber;
- Immediate Past Chairman Fritz Mason, Georgia-Pacific;
- and, Aubra Anthony, Anthony Forest Products; Marc Brinkmeyer, Idaho Forest Group; Mike Dawson, Norbord, Inc.; Ray Dillon, Deltic Timber; Allyn Ford, Roseburg Forest Products; Michael Giroux, Canadian Wood Council; Brian Luoma, Louisiana Pacific; Joe Patton, Westervelt; Jim Rabe, Masonite; Cathy Slater, Weyerhaeuser Company; and Danny White, T.R. Miller Mill Company.