Home   |   Education   |   Membership   |   News   |   FAQs   |   About Us
Members:   Login   |   Register
YouTube   Twitter   LinkedIn   AWC Store
American Wood Council

Can Oriented Strand Board (OSB) be used interchangeably with plywood?

Yes. From section 9.1.3 of the NDS: The term "wood structural panel" refers to a wood-based panel product bonded with a waterproof adhesive. Included under this designation are plywood, OSB, and composite panels. The term "composite panel" refers to a wood structural panel comprised of wood veneer and reconstituted wood-based material and bonded with waterproof adhesive. The term OSB refers to a mat-formed wood structural panel comprised of thin rectangular wood stands arranged in cross-aligned layers with surface layers normally arranged in the long panel direction and bonded with waterproof adhesive. The term "plywood' refers to a wood structural panel comprised of plies of wood veneer arranged in cross-aligned layers. The plies are bonded with an adhesive that cures on application of heat and pressure.

For additional information, contact the following organizations:

7011 S. 19th Street
Tacoma, Washington 98466
Fax: 253-565-7265
Website: http://www.apawood.org/

5650 Terra Court
Sun Prairie, WI 53590
Toll-Free Phone: 866-837-2790
Phone: 608-837-2790
Fax: 608-837-2830
Website: http://www.tecotested.com/ 

Structural Board Association
25 Valleywood Drive, Unit 27
Markham, Ontario, Canada L3R 5L9
Phone: 905-475-1100
Fax: 905-475-1101
Website: http://www.osbguide.com/

American Wood Council
222 Catoctin Circle SE, Suite 201
Leesburg, VA 20175

- Public Policy Office -
1101 K Street NW, Suite 700
Washington, DC 20005
- Phone -
General: 202-463-2766
General Fax: 703-771-4079
Publications: 800-890-7732
Publications Fax: 412-741-0609
- Email -
Technical: info@awc.org
Publications: publications@awc.org
Education: education@awc.org
Fire: fire@awc.org
© Copyright 201‚Äč8 American Wood Council. All Rights Reserved.