- Describe the characteristics of cross laminated timber (CLT) and its use in a range of building types.
- Discuss the advantages of cross laminated timber over other building materials in terms of speed and efficiency of construction, design flexibility, environmental performance and other factors.
- Use technical guidance available in the U.S. Cross-laminated Timber Handbook related to key issues such as structural design, connectors, vibration, and fire resistance.
- Recognize how U.S. CLT buildings can be approved under current building codes and how this will change under the 2015 International Building Code.
- Examine the use of CLT in three innovative but very different building projects in the U.S., Canada and Australia.
Equivalencies: 1.0 Hours of Instruction = 0.1 Continuing Education Units (CEU) = 1 Professional Development Hours (PDH) = 1 Learning Units (LU)